Octopus variable to be used across all environments

Hello,

I am searching for a solution where if a variable is defined in octopus can i use it for an environment even if i do not specify environment target and role.

Thanks,
Jayraj

Hi Jayraj,

Thanks for getting in touch! I may need to get some more details about what you are after here but I think I have an idea.

In your project, if you define a variable and do not provide a scope for the environment, it will apply for all environments throughout the deployment. Our documentation has some further information about how the scoping works with variables in Octopus.

Does this help?

If this is not what you are after, I’ll need to get some further details about your requirements here.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

1 Like

let me paste a screenshot, variable Octo.pass we need to apply to multiple environments
without providing the scope Blue, Green
any idea how can we do this?

Many Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

As per the documentation I linked, to have this variable available to all environments inside of your project, you would not apply any environment scoping at all.

Variable scoping works by explicitly scoping the values. If you do not define an environment scope, the variable will be available to all environments your project is deploying to.

I may still be not understand exactly what you are trying to achieve here. If this does not help, you will need to provide a more detailed explanation about how your project and environments look and exactly what you need to accomplish here.

Does your Octo.pass variable need to be available only inside of a single project, to all environments in the Lifecycle?

How does your deployment pipeline look here?

Any additional information you could provide about your specific requirements here would be helpful in providing you with a helpful answer. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.