Octopus variable issue from Jenkins

Hello, I’m trying to send an SQL query, captured as a String on Jenkins to Octopus but getting an issue when trying to deploy the release from command line. I’m getting below error from Jenkins:

Creating release… Release 12 created successfully! INFO: deployReleaseExpression: /opt/Octo/Octo deploy-release --project=MARS_UTILITY --releaseNumber=12 --deployto=Qualification --server=http://10.20.0.113 --apiKey=API- --deploymenttimeout=00:01:00 --variable=SqlQuery:“select * from dso.t_user where id_user=‘8a9483ef5621e47701562702beed0164’;” --progress Octopus Deploy Command Line Tool, version 1.0.0
Unrecognized command arguments: CICDTools, from, dso.t_user, where, id_user=‘8a9483ef5621e47701562702beed0164’;" Exit code: -1

However, I have to issue to deploy the release, created by command line from Jenkins via the Octopus admin console.

Kindly advise at your earliest as we are blocked by this issue.

Hi Zyadh,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this blocking issue. The first thing that stuck out was the reported version of the command line tool (1.0.0). The latest version is 4.45.0 so it’s very likely upgrading this would get you up and running. You can download the latest from our downloads page.

Are you able to deploy this release successfully from the Octopus web portal? I hope that will help get you unblocked for the time being. :slight_smile:

Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hello Kenny

Thank you for your email and support. We have tried done a test yesterday with the latest version of Octo CLI but unfortunately it did not fix the issue. For info we are currently using OctopusDeploy v4.1.4, not sure if that might cause incompatibility issue with the latest Octo CLI.

Kind Regards

Zyadh

Hi Zyadh,

Thanks for following up, and I’m sorry to hear that the upgrade to the CLI didn’t fix it. It’s very possible that it’s an incompatibility issue like you pointed out since you’re running Octopus 4.1.4. In this case, I’d recommend trying out version 4.28.0 of the CLI as that was the latest available for Octopus 4.1.4 at the time. You can download that here.

Would you be willing to give that a go and let me know if that works?

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.