Octopus user id for deployment

Hi Team,

I am Prabhjot working on Octopus Deploy. I am wondering how do we know what user id Octopus is using for deployment and wether it will use cloud shell or VM to run init and create master

Thanks,
Prabhjot

Hi Prabhjot,

Thanks for reaching out, and I would be happy to help with your questions!

As an initial step, based on your message, I’ll link some documentation that might be helpful here (but if not, let me know a few more details about your use case, and I’d be happy to help further):

I am wondering how do we know what user id Octopus is using for deployment

Octopus Deploy has a few system variables that provide access to these details in a deployment, which you can read more about here. Specifically, the following system variables might be helpful to you:

• Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.DisplayName: The full name of the user who initiated the deployment
  • Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress: The email address of the user who initiated the deployment
  • Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.Id: The ID of the user who initiated the deployment
  • Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.Username: The username of the user who initiated the deployment

and wether it will use cloud shell or VM to run init and create master

Can you provide a little more information about your CloudShell vs. VM question? I want to give the best guidance, and some additional clarity will help me provide more accurate information.

I hope this initial information helps,

Britton