Octopus -> Teamcity nuget feed 403 forbidden

Hi,

We have set up an external nuget feed in Octopus to Teamcity. After upgrading Octopus from 3.3.1 to 3.3.8 we now get a 403 (forbidden) when trying to acces/test the nuget feed. When I try the Nuget Package Explorer from the Octopus server it works. We are using the guestauth on a specific port.

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NuGet.RequestHelper.GetResponse()
at NuGet.RedirectedHttpClient.GetResponseUri(HttpClient client)
at NuGet.RedirectedHttpClient.EnsureClient()
at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue()
at NuGet.RedirectedHttpClient.get_CachedClient()
at NuGet.RedirectedHttpClient.get_Uri()
at NuGet.DataServicePackageRepository.GetPackages()
at Octopus.Core.Packages.ExternalNuGetFeedAdapter.SearchForPackagesNamedLike(String packageId, Int32 take) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.3.8\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\ExternalNuGetFeedAdapter.cs:line 86
at Octopus.Core.Packages.ExternalNuGetFeedAdapter.GetPackagesContaining(String searchTerm, Int32& total, Int32 skip, Int32 take, Boolean allowPreRelease) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.3.8\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\ExternalNuGetFeedAdapter.cs:line 66
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.PackageSearchAction.Search(String feedId, String packageId, Boolean partialMatch, Boolean includeMultipleVersions, Boolean includeNotes, Boolean includePreRelease, Int32 take, IVersionSpec versionRange, Regex preReleaseTag) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.3.8\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\Actions\PackageSearchAction.cs:line 76
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.PackageSearchAction.Execute() in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.3.8\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\Actions\PackageSearchAction.cs:line 56
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.3.8\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Infrastructure\Api\Responder.cs:line 162 at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , NancyContext ) at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.OctopusRestApiModule.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<.ctor>b__0(Object o) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.3.8\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\OctopusRestApiModule.cs:line 46 at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func2 , Object )
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Hi Kristoffer,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this problem.

I’m not sure why upgrading your Octopus version would have caused this. Can I suggest you try not using the guest authorization, and instead use credentials to authenticate. While you can list packages using the guest account, I believe to inspect the package metadata we require an authenticated account.

Please let me know if this helps?

Regards,
Michael

The only change we have done is the Octopus upgrade… (but I agree with you)

I can download/open package via Nuget Package Explorer.

The httpauth has the same behavior as httpguest. I guess the next logical thing to do i to install the old version of Octpus and see if that solves the problem.

Sorry to take up your time. The problem was solved by using ipadress instead of servername. I guess som IT-guy has done some changes somewhere…

I’m very glad to hear the problem is resolved.

Happy Deployments!
Michael