Octopus system diagnostic report

Hi,
I have a question about the system diagnostic report that I download from Octopus UI.
We have a multi node system - 5 nodes, does the diagnostic report record all the logs of the 5 nodes.
I am asking because we have downloaded the diagnostic report multiple times on the same day and we are seeing different logs each time.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Good afternoon @mikepower79,

Thanks for contacting us today and great question about the diagnostic reports on a HA setup. As the files from the diagnostic report are local to that node the other nodes have no way of getting the reports from each other.

So the only way to get the full diagnostic report from each individual node would be to remote into that specific node and open the UI locally (using the localhost URL) and download it from there, that way you know exactly what report you are getting from each node.

I hope that helps, reach out if you have any more questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi @clare.martin,
We have our Octopus nodes hosted on an AKS cluster in Azure. So we wont be able to launch the UI on each container.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hey @mikepower79,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, we were all at a Support meetup over the weekend and only had cover for critical support tickets, we have just got back and caught up.

The easiest way to get diagnostic reports from every node would be to disable all nodes but one in the Octopus UI, get the diagnostic report from the one enabled node, then enable another and disable the previous one and get the report from that and then repeat.

Which I know is not ideal, the other option would be to force your load balancer to direct you to a specific node whilst you get the report, then change the node to get the other one and repeat.

You can see what node you are using if you open up the networking tab on your browser and wait for it to perform a health check, that would tell you what node you are currently on to get that report:

Does that help at all?
Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi @clare.martin,
Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.