Octopus Step Template

Hi,

I have an Octopus step template which is being used in over 300 projects. We made a schoolboy error in not using the parameter section in the release train and hard coding the value into each project. I’ve set the parameter to the value I want is there a way to update each project instead of going through each one and selecting reset to default value.

Regards,

Dan

Good afternoon @daniel.witter,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and great question on batch updating steps in projects that are based on step templates.

Our documentation on updating step templates covers this if you have not seen it yet but in short:

If you have a lot of projects using a step template, updating them one by one can be time consuming. Fortunately, there is a way to update all of them at once. To do that, navigate to Library ➜ Step Templates ➜ Name Of The Step Template ➜ Usage.

Once you are there you should see a list of steps that are using the step template. The steps that are not on the latest version will have Update action next to them. Steps can be updated individually or all at once by using Update all action.

The documentation does cover rare cases where a step wont update though and also goes through how to deal with merge conflicts so it is worth having a scan through it to make sure every project updates ok.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if that does not suit your needs,

Kind Regards,

Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.