Octopus License

Hello,

We are currently having a license for unlimited deployment targets and our current support license ends on 24 November and there is no way extend our license with current terms.

If we decide not to renew the support due to the increased costs from $2500 to $46997, I believe we can still use octopus.
I would like to make sure that Octopus can be reinstalled with the same license to a different server, if the current server crashes due to some unforeseen situations or there is a need to migrate from one data center to other.

Please clarify.

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for getting in touch! You’re correct that you will still be able to use Octopus if you don’t renew your license. However this will put a cap on which Octopus versions you’re allowed to run under the license, and that limit will be the current minor release of Octopus at the time of your license expiry.

You’re also covered to have 3 separate and concurrent Octopus instances with this single license. We have some documentation covering management of multiple instances. :slight_smile:

And the following doc page provides some brief information on disaster recovery scenarios that you might be interested in.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your response. I believe we can also migrate Octopus to any new servers in future provided the version is within the current minor release of Octopus at the time of your license expiry.

Since we are using Octopus for production environments, is there a provision to get some priority adhoc support in case of any unforeseen events?

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for following up! We’ll certainly try to help you out in any way we can in the case of unforeseen issues you might hit in the future. However, since you’d be limited on which versions you could upgrade to, any bug fixes we ship in releases after your license expires wouldn’t be available to be applied to your Octopus instances.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Kenny,

Thanks for your response.

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

You’re very welcome. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.