Octopus Issue: Dynamic Feed Version Selection not Working

Here is a summary of the issue:

Octopus Version: 2019.3.2 LTS

Given:

• A project is setup with a Kubernetes Container Deployment Step (Octopus Step)
  • The container in the container deployment step is dynamically selecting the Container Registry at deployment time
    • Package ID stays the same across environments
    • Package Version is staying the same across environments
    • Package feed varies with environment

Expected Behavior:

• Page: Create Release
  • Section: Packages
  • Behavior:
    • I should be able to select “Specific” radio button and type in a version to use

Actual Behavior:

• I am unable to select “Specific Version” radio button
  • I can type in a specific version but it defaults to the “Last” version after I create the release and deploy
  • See the GIF of the behavior attached and below:

J%20littleton%20screen%202

Hi Alex

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry about the delay in getting back to you - most of our team was out for a public holiday yesterday.

I’ve managed to reproduce the issue, and I’ve logged an issue for it. I’ve got a fix locally which we should be able to get out in the next few days.

In the meantime, you can remove the scoping from one of the variable values - it will use this as a “default” value, which will be overwritten in the other environments that have more specific scoping.

Let me know how you get along.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matt

I am also facing the same issue.I am using version 2018.5.1…

Feed variables are assigned with Scope and during create release, it is picking up the “last” package version used for last release.

please give a solution for this issue.
Thanks

Hi @321kiruthi,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Firstly, are you able to confirm your Octopus version, as this was resolved in 2019.5.0, and you have reported that you are using 2018.5.1. If that is the case I would recommend upgrading to the latest LTS release of Octopus, which you can do here. Please make sure you read through the upgrade guide first to make sure that you have appropriate backups before commencing the upgrade.

If, however, you are on 2019.5.1 please let me know so that we can investigate further.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick turn around. We updated the Octopus version to latest and it is working fine.

Thanks,
Kiruthika S

1 Like

Hi @Alex.Rolley,
Any workaround for 2018.5.1 users? If no, what are the impacts for current project in our space if we upgrade to newer version.
Thanks

Hi @azhahes96,

To receive the fix for this issue you will need to upgrade to at least 2019.5.1, and I would recommend upgrading to our current LTS, 2019.9.12.

This will be a large upgrade, you can see the change notes comparing the two versions here. If possible I would recommend restoring a copy of your production database and performing a test upgrade to ensure that your production upgrade is as smooth as possible.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Regards,
Alex