Octopus fails to download the package from proget feed says file is corrupted

Hi,

I have installed the octopus tentacle on the mac sever and all of a sudden I get an error when I try to download the package from the team city.

Acquiring packages
12:52:22Info
Making a list of packages to download
12:52:22Info
Downloading package RA.Mobile.HEROGov2.0 version 1.1.406.406-DEV from feed: 'https://proget.renovateamerica.com/nuget/ci
12:52:38Error
Unable to download package:
Unable to read package from path ‘RA.Mobile.HEROGov2.0.1.1.406.406-DEV.nupkg’.
System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to read package from path ‘RA.Mobile.HEROGov2.0.1.1.406.406-DEV.nupkg’. —> System.IO.FileFormatException: File contains corrupted data.
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipIOLocalFileBlock.Validate(String fileName, ZipIOCentralDirectoryBlock centralDir, ZipIOCentralDirectoryFileHeader centralDirFileHeader)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipIOLocalFileBlock.SeekableLoad(ZipIOBlockManager blockManager, String fileName)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipIOBlockManager.LoadLocalFileBlock(String zipFileName)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipArchive.GetFile(String zipFileName)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipArchive.GetFiles()
at System.IO.Packaging.ZipPackage.ContentTypeHelper…ctor(ZipArchive zipArchive, IgnoredItemHelper ignoredItemHelper)
at System.IO.Packaging.ZipPackage…ctor(Stream s, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Boolean streaming)
at System.IO.Packaging.Package.Open(Stream stream, FileMode packageMode, FileAccess packageAccess, Boolean streaming)
at NuGet.OptimizedZipPackage.EnsureManifest()
at NuGet.LocalPackageRepository.OpenPackage(String path)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NuGet.LocalPackageRepository.OpenPackage(String path)
at NuGet.LocalPackageRepository.GetPackage(Func2 openPackage, String path) at NuGet.LocalPackageRepository.<>c__DisplayClass13.<FindPackage>b__f(String path) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at NuGet.LocalPackageRepository.FindPackage(Func2 openPackage, String packageId, SemanticVersion version) at NuGet.PackageRepositoryExtensions.FindPackage(IPackageRepository repository, String packageId, SemanticVersion version, IPackageConstraintProvider constraintProvider, Boolean allowPrereleaseVersions, Boolean allowUnlisted) at NuGet.DataServicePackage.EnsurePackage(IPackageCacheRepository cacheRepository) at NuGet.DataServicePackage.GetStream() at NuGet.FileSystemExtensions.AddFileWithCheck(IFileSystem fileSystem, String path, Func1 streamFactory)
at NuGet.LocalPackageRepository.AddPackage(IPackage package)
at Octopus.Core.Packages.PackageDownloader.AttemptToFindAndDownloadPackage(Int32 attempt, PackageIdentifier packageIdentifier, IFeed feed, String cacheDirectory, IPackage& downloadedPackage, String& path) in Y:\Work\refs\tags\3.3.19\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\PackageDownloader.cs:line 155
at Octopus.Core.Packages.PackageDownloader.AttemptToDownload(PackageIdentifier packageIdentifier, IFeed feed) in Y:\Work\refs\tags\3.3.19\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\PackageDownloader.cs:line 101
Octopus.Server version 3.3.19 (3.3.19+Branch.master.Sha.86840c27e8b40146623df82b50dcc1f22ddb21f4)
12:52:38Fatal
The step failed: One or more child activities failed.

I am using the nuget pack command to create the .nupkg file

Thanks,

Hi Nandini,

Thank you for reaching out! There’s no issue with the package itself, but rather a compatibility issue with creating the NuGet on a Windows machine and extracting it on Mac.

If you need to package on a Windows machine, then changing it to zip files instead will work for any target to get around this issue.

Sorry it’s not better news! Let me know how you go with that solution, or if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Kenny