Octopus External Feed's integration with AWS secret Manager

Hi,
I am using Octopus external feed (Docker container registry) to integrate with the Gitlab container registry.

I would like to store the container registry’s creds to AWS secret manager. Octopus External feed will require to fetch the credentials from the AWS secrets manager.

How this integration can be established?

Regards,
Rahul

Hi @rahul.bhoyar,

Thanks for reaching out! I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction.

We actually have a blog post written about using AWS Secrets Manager with Octopus Deploy that you can view here: Using AWS Secrets Manager with Octopus - Octopus Deploy.

Unfortunately, this can’t be used directly within a deployment to modify a feed password, however, there may be another way this can be done.

You could create a runbook that deploys on a schedule or you deploy prior to running your pipeline.
The runbook would grab the secrets from AWS Secret Manager using the information in the blog above and then modify the feed credentials via API.

Some simple pseudocode for this may look like this:

$feedData = [GET WebRequest to feeds endpoint]
$feedData.Password.NewValue = $awsSecret
[PUT WebRequest to feeds endpoint]

We even have an example script that grabs the feed details that you can reference: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/OctopusDeploy-Api/blob/master/REST/PowerShell/Feeds/GetFeedDetails.ps1

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Kind Regards,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.