Octopus Deploy Server Powershell multiple version

is there any conflicting with different powershell version installed in the octopus deploy server for different project?

Hi @rachel.dong,

Thank you for reaching out, and I would be happy to help with your questions on PowerShell version conflicts in conjunction with Octopus Deploy projects/deployments!

Octopus Deploy will respect whatever logic is set within a deployment for PowerShell, and we have some documentation on how you can manipulate these values from a debugging perspective here:

It’s important to note that if steps are running on a worker/target, you would also need to account for the PowerShell versions on these servers (not just the Octopus Deploy server).

Outside of this, Microsoft has a good document on how these conflicts/collisions are handled at the operating system level:

We also have some specific documentation on using PowerShell Core in Octopus Deploy here, in case this is relevant to your use case:

I hope this initial information helps, but let me know if you have any additional questions and I would be be glad to assist further.

Regards,

Britton

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.