Octopus deploy not able to connect to Tentacle after certificate update

Hi Team,

WE updated our certificate in Octopus deploy and after our Octopus is not able to connect to any of the tentacles. Whenever we try to connect we get the below .

An error occurred when sending a request to ‘https://X.X.X.X:10933/’, before the request could begin: Unable to receive the remote identity; the identity line was empty.
Unable to receive the remote identity; the identity line was empty.
Unable to receive the remote identity; the identity line was empty.

We have replaced the thumbprint as well but still get the same error

By deleting the tentacle and adding it again fixed the issue.

Regards,
Shalmal

1 Like

Hi Shalmal,

I’m glad to hear you managed to solve the issue. Just out of curiosity did you run
Tentacle.exe configure --trust NewOctopusServerCertificateThumbprint --console
on the Tentacles after stopping the Tentacle service?

Kind Regards,
Tom W

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the reply. No I did not run the mentioned coomand, however I had run the below command though

tentacle.exe import-certificate --from-file=“C:\PathToCertificate\cert.pfx” --pfx-password=“Password” --console

Regards,
Shalmal

Hi Shalmal,

The import-certificate command is used to replace the certificate that Tentacle uses to authenticate itself. If you just changed the certificate on the Octopus Server that command wouldn’t need to be run.
I’m glad you managed to get it all working. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom W

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,
Shalmal

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.