Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the integration. We’re currently working on updates to our documentation to address some common things that get missed in the setup, and to include some troubleshooting guides.
Something that probably doesn’t stand out enough is the link to this page about the build information and metadata. End-to-end the integration works based on you entering Jira work item references in your commit messages, the build server passing those on to Octopus (via the Octopus Metadata step), then Octopus making the information available during releases and deployments.
Which build server are you using? At the time of writing this, our TeamCity and Bamboo plugins have support for the new Metadata step. Azure DevOps is in the process of being released and Jenkins is under development.
To work through the chain for troubleshooting:
- Do you have commit messages with Jira work item references?
- Has the Octopus Metadata step been added to your build process?
- Are the PackageId and Version values correctly aligned with the package you are pushing?
- If the package is being pushed to Octopus, when you view the version in Library / Packages can you see the commit and work item data? If not then the packageId and Version likely aren’t aligned on the build step.
- When you create a release, can you see the commit and work item information on the release page with the package(s)?
- When you do a deployment, do you see the blocks related to pushing data to Jira? The list of work item references should appear in the messages, does that list look correct?
Hope that helps and please let me know how you go.