Octopus DB Error

Hi,

After upgrading to Oct v3.3 I get this error every now and then when I try to deploy:

The correlation name ‘ALIAS_AAAAA’ is specified multiple times in a FROM clause. (details attached)

Normally fixes up after rebooting the server.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for getting in touch!

This is an unusual issue. It seems that there’s a problem with some randomization that we depend on when dealing with multiple threads. The good news is we’re looking at removing the code that’s causing the issue in version 3.4. Hopefully you’re able to wait that long. We have an open issue that’s currently being worked on.

Sorry about this issue, and I hope that helps!

Damo

Hello

We have exactly the same issue. We can’t see the details of a release as it is always showing the above message.

We can’t upgrade to 3.4 as it requires a new license for us.

What should we do??

thank you

Hi @nkwinder,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, this was an old ticket that was assigned to someone not available when your message came through.
Unfortunately if you are getting this issue, then the only solution is to upgrade past 3.4. We were never able to determine the root cause so the entire query structure and process was rewritten.

There is no other answer, though I am sure you were hoping for something else. You will need a valid license maintenance period from when 3.4 was released.

Vanessa