Octopus.Client version 4.0.6 and 4.0.7 dependencies not available

Hi,

I’m trying to update to the latest version of Octopus.Client to see if it fixes issues with user and role creation introduced in Octopus 3.5.
It does not seem possible to update to version 4.0.6 or 4.0.7 because of this error:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Unable to resolve dependencies. ‘NuGet.Versioning 3.4.3’ is not compatible with ‘Octopus.Client 4.0.7 constraint: NuGet.Versioning (>= 3.5.0-octopus-35842)’

NuGet.Versioning 3.5.0-octopus-35842 is not an officially available package?

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you add this NuGet feed https://octopus.myget.org/F/octopus-dependencies/ to your available package sources in Visual Studio and see if that gets you past the error about it not finding our custom NuGet.Versioning package.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Hi,

I can try this on my developer machine. But, is this the way you want to distribute your fork of the NuGet.Versioning package? If so ,then I would need to add this to all build servers and other developers machines also.

Would it not be better to publish it on nuget.org under another name?

/Jan

Hi Jan,

My sincere apologies for the issues caused by this, we’ve dropped the ball here and are looking at getting a better solution put in place for this as a priority.

In the meantime, you could either revert back to the previous version that was working (you mentioned there are some issues with creating users/roles with the previous version and 3.5, do you have some more information on that as I’m not aware of any changes that have been made to fix anything in this area), or you can add a Nuget.Config file to the project your installing Octopus.Client in (see below) and this will make sure that when a package restore / install is run it will also look at our MyGet feed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <packageSources>
        <add key="OctopusDependencies" value="https://octopus.myget.org/F/octopus-dependencies" />
    </packageSources>
</configuration>

I know this is not an ideal solution, but like I mentioned we’re looking for a better solution that doesn’t impact our customers like this.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Good to see that you are fixing this so quick.

About the users/roles issues in Octopus 3.5.
Users:

• Prior to Octopus version 3.5 I was able to use the API/Client to create a user with the IsActive flag set to false. In 3.5 users are always created as active even if the flag is set to false in the initial POST of the UserResource. In 3.5 I have to do an additional PUT of the user resource after it is created to set the flag to false.

Roles:
After upgrading to Octopus 3.5 and still using Octopus.Client 3.5.4 this call results in an exception: Repository.UserRoles.FindOne(r => r.Name == “myRoleName”)

{"Unable to process response from server: Error converting value \"SubscriptionCreate\" to type 'Octopus.Client.Model.Permission'. Path 'Items[8].GrantedPermissions[88]', line 667, position 28.. Response content: {\r\n  \"ItemType\": \"UserRole\",\r\n  \"IsStale\": false,\r\n  \"TotalResults\": 10,\r\n  \"ItemsPerPage\": 30,\r\n  \""}

This error was fixed by upgrading the Octopus.Client to version 4.0.5 or higher. Since there are a few other issues in the 4.0.x client versions I would ideally want to wait before using this new version or at least be able to use the latest one > 4.0.7

But, this is still an regression error that you might want to fix

Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We’ve got a fix up for review that we should be able to merge and ship tomorrow (fingers crossed) that fixes the dependency issue.

Thanks,
Henrik

Looks like you fixed the dependency issue now in version 4.0.9.

Thanks for the quick fix :slight_smile:

/Jan