Octopus and Azure AD Integration

Hi,
We are trying to integrate Octopus with Azure AD. We have followed all the steps mentioned in the below documentation

Azure AD is able to autheticate the user however, on the browser we are getting an error. (PFA the screenshot).

fyi,
Screenshots.docx (398.0 KB)
We have provided correct url, object id,etc.

Hey @rahul.bhoyar,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and sorry to hear you are having Azure AD issues, I took a look at your screenshot and recognised the URL.

https://dev-octopus.d5.cloud1.bfsiplatform.co.uk:9095

You had another ticket in with us about a month ago with various Azure AD issues, we fixed those along the way and the last issue we had you fixed by letting through octopus.com:443 in your firewall. Though we did not think that should have fixed the issue since all that does is allow notifications in the Octopus UI.

Are you now starting from scratch with your AD integration, did you delete the app registration and you are now creating a new one?

Is this the same instance? If so I am unable to link that forum post as we set it to private because there were a lot of logs in there we did not want the public to be able to view.

Can you confirm if this was working previously and has it now regressed?

From the error message it looks like you need to check the redirect URL in your Azure application to ensure it is the same as your instance URL plus /api/users/authenticatedToken/AzureAD on the end:

Let me know if that redirect URL is the same as your Octopus instance, also let me know if this is the same instance we were discussing a month ago and did you delete that app registration and are now starting from scratch?

Kind Regards,
Clare

Thanks Caire,
yes it is a same instance. We had been able to progress earlier however, now stuck at this juncture. I will ask my Azure AD team to check configuration at their end as well.

Regards,
Rahul

Hey @rahul.bhoyar,

I will await your Azure AD teams confirmation the redirect URL is the same as your Octopus URL, you did get past that bit on the old ticket though. There is a screenshot on that ticket of your redirect URL which did match your instance URL. You then tried to logon and it did not show the Microsoft login page when you clicked on ‘Sign in with Microsoft’.

So, just so I have the current situation correct so I am able to help you further, your user is now clicking on the ‘Sign in with Microsoft’ button on your Octopus instance and it is taking you to that page where it mentions the redirect URL is incorrect?

If so that is further than what you got in the last ticket but you alluded to the fact the issue was fixed so I assumed you could logon to your Octopus instance with your Microsoft accounts fine, I am sorry I did not look into that further for you.

Can you confirm if this happens with just one user or is it any user that tries to sign in?

The website below gives you a guide on how to fix that error so get your AD team to check that out and ensure they follow the steps in that guide.

That should help you resolve this issue but reach out if it does not and I can take another look at this for you.

You are almost there hopefully, once you fix that issue your user should be able to logon!
Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi Clare,
Thanks for your response. The issue have been resolved now.

Regards,
Rahul

1 Like

Hey @rahul.bhoyar,

Fantastic news, glad I could help! Enjoy using Azure AD to integrate with Octopus and reach out in future if you need anything else!

Kind Regards,
Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.