Octopus AD issue

Hi team,

I have setup and installed a new octopus server with the AD. While I was able to successfully add groups to the administrators group, but the people in that group are not able to login.I get the error as “There was a problem with your request. Invalid username or password” . Checking the OctopusServer.txt file give me the following data but it doesn’t help. I tried in IE and Chrome, both give me different errors when I use domain name vs not using one.

Note: I used domain name for the setup account but was able to login in to octopus ui without the domain name.

2017-09-05 15:04:26.0390 45 INFO A principal identifiable by ‘bxx16’ was not found in 'CHAXXXXXX01D.UP.DEV.UPC’
2017-09-05 15:04:27.0440 45 INFO Request took 1081ms: POST http://octop0d2vnd01/api/users/login

I thought I have to use the domain name as I setup with the domain name. I get below error if I use domain name

2017-09-05 15:06:35.4800 45 ERROR Unhandled error on request: http://octop0d2vnd01/api/users/login by : The user name or password is incorrect.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007052E): The user name or password is incorrect.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection…ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName)
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String proper

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! There are a couple of things that could be going on here. The first thing to confirm is that if the user bxx16 exist in the 'CHAXXXXXX01D.UP.DEV.UPC domain. If so, would you also be able to confirm that the account the Octopus server service is running under has permission to query that domain?

With using the domain name in the user, this is only required if the service account user and the user trying to log in are on different domains. We cover this a bit more in our documentation.

Let me know if the above helps.

Best regards,
Daniel

Ok. Thank you for the inputs. I will check to see if there are any permission issues.

Hi,

Sounds good, please let me know how you go.

Best regards,
Daniel