Octopus 3.0.24.0 - Error when creating Azure Web App target

Hi,

I’m trying to set up the new Azure Web App but I’m getting following error

The account applied to this endpoint is not available in all of the environments targeted by the machine.
I created and linked the Azure account to Octopus and I can see the Web API app I created in Azure in the list as well so there’s no problem regarding this.

Can anybody tell me what steps I need to do to make this work?

Note: I know that we have not latest version of Octopus and I know that the Azure targets were reverted in the newer versions as is described in this blog http://octopusdeploy.com/blog/azure-changes
However, I can’t upgrade our server right now so I’d like to make it work with version I have.

Best regards
Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Accounts can be restricted to certain environments. Machines (in your case an Azure target) are a member of one or more environments. That error message is informing you that one or more of the environments the Azure target is being added to are not available to the account you have selected.

The solution is to either add the missing environment/s to the account (or remove all environments from the account which gives it access to all environments), or remove the appropriate environment/s from your Azure target.

I hope this helps. If you are still having issues, please supply the the values from the ‘Environments’ field on the Azure target, and the ‘Environments’ field on the selected account.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks,
all set now.