Octopack setting wrong version number in assembly

Hi,

I have a question about octopack.

This is the command i am running:

bat “C:\tools\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe “${workflowWorkspace}${projectSolutionFile}” /t:Build /p:Configuration=Release /p:RunOctoPack=true /p:OctoPackPackageVersion=”${lastCreatedPackageVersion}" /p:OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp=${octopusPublishUrl} /p:OctoPackPublishApiKey=${octopusApiKey} /p:OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles=true"

I am trying to set the $lastCretedPackageVersion to 1.0.12.12-HASH but this is not working. I get the error:

obj\Release\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs(39,28): error CS7034: The specified version string does not conform to the required format - major[.minor[.build[.revision]]]

I think Octopack is also setting the AssemblyVersion / AssemblyFileVersion, it should only change the AssemblyInformationalVersion?

If only the assemblyInformationVersion is set, then the problem does not occur ( but my package does not have the HASH attribute on version)

Is this possible? has anyone done this?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Octopack itself shouldn’t be setting the AssemblyVersion nor AssemblyFileVersion. It should only be setting the version of the package.

Could you send me the full output of that command so I can take a look at it?

Thanks,
Dalmiro