I have installed OctoPack on user machine which is connect to TFS .root directory for continuous integration. After installation OctoPack end user unable to do build on Visual studio 2015.
OctoPack installation will create any issue please let me know.
Thanks for getting in touch. Could I get a bit more information to help troubleshoot? When you say installed, do you mean that you’ve added the OctoPack nuget to a project? Are you able to attach details of the build error(s)?
The OctoPack NuGet package adds some tasks to the build pipeline in the project when it is added to that project. It’s possible that the csproj didn’t get updated correctly, would you be able to check source control to see what changes did occur?
I had configured CI integration with TFS (Version TFS2013) and installed OctoPack on Asp.net project.
I have done changes in code and same has been checked-in and my build get trigger and succeed but newly package not push to nuget repository.
Please refer attached screenshot for your reference.
That error can occur on your build server when you are using TFS source control. It’s due to the way TFS source control manages workspaces, and it doesn’t like you having 2 workspaces mapped into the same physical folder structure. You’ll need to clean the workspaces on the machine to resolve it, I believe the TFS Powertools may be of use. I understand there is a tool called
tfpt.exe that will help cleanup up, this article provides some detail.
I have below query:-
- Why every build succeed will create workspaces in the machines, I have to delete or clean workspaces for next release?
- Currently we doing manual release to production with version Eg 1.7.4.x via OD deployment, but via continuous integration version number not in order. Can you please suggest how to control version number?
- There is option tab source settings.
- Active - TFS Source code path.
- Build Agent folder : which folder path i have to set let me know?