OctoPack and Octopus spaces

Hi,

We’re trying to utilize Octopus space feature. We’re just wondering if MSBUILD OctoPack integration supports the space parameter like Octo CLI does. I couldn’t find a reference on OctoPack that tells anything about Octopus space.

Does OctoPack integration supports the space feature (as a param)?

Thanks,
Chhai

Hi Chhai,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to say there’s no Space parameter for OctoPack like there is for Octo CLI. The reason behind this is due to some significant changes a couple years ago to expand .NET core support. We realized OctoPack wouldn’t work for .NET core, so to support .NET core that would require two code bases. We made the tough decision to stop updating OctoPack and go all in wtih Octo CLI pack, and the last major update to OctoPack was right before the Spaces feature was added. There’s some additional information behind this change and reasoning behind this decision in the following blog post.

I’m sorry this wasn’t the news you were hoping for, but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

That’s quite unfortunate to hear but understandable. Thanks for your detail and helpful explanation.

Thanks again,
Chhai

Hi Chhai,

You’re quite welcome, and my apologies again for the unfortunate news. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.