Octo.exe Single Host Deployment

Is it possible to push a deploy via the Octo.exe command line to only a single host? If you were to be in the Octopus console, you could choose Tasks > Script Console > and then choose “Select individual deployment targets to run the script on”.

This is the functionality I am looking for with Octo.exe. Is this possible?
Example (something like):
octo deploy-release --project “projectname” --releaseNumber 0.0.2 --deploytosingleInsance “instance_name”

Thanks

(John Simons) #3

Hi,

You should be able to specify a single machine in the --specific-machines argument, see https://octopus.com/docs/api-and-integration/octo.exe-command-line/deploy-release.

Is this what you are asking for?

Regards
John

I don’t believe that is what I’m looking for because I don’t think the --specific-machines flag works unless I include the --deploy-to flag as well. I don’t want to have to include the --deploy-to flag because for my application an “environment” is not necessarily going to be needed. Just need a singular host.

Hi @raptorpete,

At this stage this isn’t something that Octopus can support for a deployment, each of our deployments require an environment as well as a machine context.

I suspect you are looking for something similar to what we have (currently) named Maintenance Processes. If you can have a read of the spec and provide any feedback that would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you right now,

Regards
Alex

Alright, thank you for the response.

(system) closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.