Octo.exe Single Host Deployment

Is it possible to push a deploy via the Octo.exe command line to only a single host? If you were to be in the Octopus console, you could choose Tasks > Script Console > and then choose “Select individual deployment targets to run the script on”.

This is the functionality I am looking for with Octo.exe. Is this possible?
Example (something like):
octo deploy-release --project “projectname” --releaseNumber 0.0.2 --deploytosingleInsance “instance_name”

Thanks

Hi,

You should be able to specify a single machine in the --specific-machines argument, see https://octopus.com/docs/api-and-integration/octo.exe-command-line/deploy-release.

Is this what you are asking for?

Regards
John

I don’t believe that is what I’m looking for because I don’t think the --specific-machines flag works unless I include the --deploy-to flag as well. I don’t want to have to include the --deploy-to flag because for my application an “environment” is not necessarily going to be needed. Just need a singular host.

Hi @raptorpete,

At this stage this isn’t something that Octopus can support for a deployment, each of our deployments require an environment as well as a machine context.

I suspect you are looking for something similar to what we have (currently) named Maintenance Processes. If you can have a read of the spec and provide any feedback that would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you right now,

Regards
Alex

Alright, thank you for the response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.