Octo.exe and TeamCity - Unrecrognized channel parameter; Plugin is latest; what to upgrade?

We’re running TeamCity 9.1.5 and Octopus Deploy 3.2.19.

TeamCity lists an Octopus Deploy integration plugin version of 3.2.0.51, which appears to be the latest available.

The new Channel prompt appears in the TeamCity build step, and I’m trying to set that up, but when the TeamCity build runs, I’m getting this error:
[11:37:22][Octopus Deploy] Running command: octo.exe create-release --server http://myservername/Octopus/ --apikey SECRET --project MyProjectName --enableservicemessages --version 0.339-adamtest --channel Demo --deploymenttimeout=00:20:00 --variable=BranchName:adamtest --defaultpackageversion=2016.02.12.423
[11:37:22][Octopus Deploy] Creating Octopus Deploy release
[11:37:24][Octopus Deploy] Octopus Deploy Command Line Tool, version 2.6.3.60
[11:37:24][Octopus Deploy]
[11:37:26][Octopus Deploy] Unrecognized command arguments: --channel, Demo
[11:37:26][Octopus Deploy] Exit code: -1
[11:37:26][Octopus Deploy] Octo.exe exit code: -1

The Octopus Deploy Download page lists 3.3.4 and the latest octo.exe version – but the logs above reference 2.6.3.60.

It looks like upgrading octo.exe will resolve this problem for me – but where do I upgrade it? I would have expected that running the latest TeamCity plugin (which we are) would also get us the latest version of octo.exe.

Well this is embarrassing – I missed that there’s a dropdown box in TeamCity to specify the Octopus version, and that when we upgraded from 2.x to 3.x, we didn’t flip those over in TeamCity.

My mistake – all good now.

Wow, thanks for the post. I don’t think I saw that box either. Also, I’ve always used Octopus 3.0+, had no idea that box would default to 2.0+. This fixed my issue as well.