Ocotpus Cloud and local Linux

Hello there, we’re starting to setup some linux deployments, but from the looks of things, the Cloud instance must be able to SSH into the local linux machine. Is there not a polling tentacle option for linux like there is for the Windows Servers?

Hi William,

We have a linux tentacle currently in development, but it is not available yet.

Currently, you will need to the SSH option to connect to your linux machines. I know this is not ideal, and we will be addressing this in the future as we continue to make Octopus Deploy more platform-agnostic.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with!

Thanks Justin, is there a beta available by chance? We’re currently testing this process in our UAT and Staging environments.

No problems at all!

As for beta status, I’ll check in with the development team about the current status of the linux tentacle, and let you know as soon as I know something.

Hello, any updates on the beta?

Hi @wjd!

Just circling back around on this to let you know we’ve just opened up a beta for Linux polling tentacles! For all of the details, please see our docs page @ https://octopus.com/docs/infrastructure/deployment-targets/linux/tentacle

Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.