Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

|   == Failed: Acquire packages ==

05:19:23 Info | Acquiring packages
05:19:23 Info | Making a list of packages to acquire
05:19:23 Verbose | No packages are required on the Octopus Server
05:19:23 Verbose | Delta compression is enabled for package transfers from the Octopus Server to deployment targets
05:20:08 Fatal | The step failed: Activity failed with error ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object.’.
05:20:08 Verbose | Acquire Packages completed

Whenever I have tried to deploy I am getting this error on the Aquire Package step, It seems to be a result of me trying to implement channels in a deployment project, but even after reverting im getting the same issue.

1 Like

HI, we are having exactly the same issue here. It’s a big problem as we cannot deploy anymore.

Log from deployment:

== Failed: Acquire packages ==
07:03:10 Info | Acquiring packages
07:03:10 Info | Making a list of packages to acquire
07:03:10 Verbose | No packages are required on the Octopus Server
07:03:10 Verbose | No packages are required on any deployment targets
07:03:10 Fatal | The step failed: Activity failed with error ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object.’.
07:03:10 Verbose | Acquire Packages completed
|
| Failed: Octopus Server
07:03:10 Verbose | Packge services/delivery-api v1.0.19 does not need to be acquired
07:03:10 Fatal | Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
|
| == Skipped: Step 4: Deploy containers ==
07:03:10 Info | Step “Deploy containers” runs only when all previous steps succeeded; skipping

I sent an email through to their support team and they have said it’s a bug from an update last night, and a fix should be going out in a few hours (for my instance at least), if it doesn’t resolve itself in a few hours maybe send them an email.

Hi @luca.ghersi,

Like @david2 said, we have an updating being rolled out to instances that contains a fix for this issue.

If you can please send us an email to support@octopus.com with the URL of your instance so I can double-check its upgrade schedule.

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences,
Dalmiro

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.