NuGet server not visible to Octopus: The system cannot find the path specified

I realize this could be a networking issue, but we haven’t altered anything in the past 48 hours that would lead us otherwise. Our Octopus server for the majority of projects, are unable to see the NuGet server. But we are able to see the NuGet feeds using NuGet package explorer. Some projects (however) are able to view their feeds. The issue is inconsistent at best. We’ve restarted the IIS server that hosts the NuGet server. That said, are there any limitations to the number of nuget feeds that can be added in Octopus? Are there any command line utilities to flush feed cache (if there is one)? Would it be advisable to restart the Octopus server service?

cannotfindpackage.png

Unhandled error on request: https://awesomeoctopusserver.ourcompany.com/api/feeds/feeds-ourprivatenugetfeed-feed/packages?packageIds=Package1,Package2 : The system cannot find the path specified
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper…ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher…ctor()
at MS.Internal.WeakEventTable…ctor()
at NuGet.SendingRequestEventManager.get_CurrentManager()
at NuGet.SendingRequestEventManager.AddListener(IHttpClientEvents source, IWeakEventListener listener)
at Octopus.Shared.Packages.OctopusPackageRepositoryFactory.CreateRepository(String packageSource) in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Shared\Packages\OctopusPackageRepositoryFactory.cs:line 30
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.PackageSearchAction.Versions(String feedId, IEnumerable1 packageIds) in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\Actions\PackageSearchAction.cs:line 98 at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.PackageSearchAction.Execute() in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\Actions\PackageSearchAction.cs:line 41 at Octopus.Platform.Web.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context) in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Platform.Web\Api\Responder.cs:line 163
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , NancyContext )
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.OctopusRestApiModule.<>c__DisplayClass5.<.ctor>b__2(Object o) in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\OctopusRestApiModule.cs:line 47
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func`2 , Object )
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Oddly enough, when I manually pick a nuget package, I get the same error, but then upon hitting refresh, i’m able to view all the packages. So I save the release and I get the message “system cannot find the path specified” in the main release page, even though I was able to hand pick the versions.

saved-release.PNG

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch! A restart of the Octopus Service will help more than hinder in any case. But before you do that what is the behavior in Octopus when you test the feed on the feeds page?
it’s one of those things where nothing has change din Octopus if you haven’t upgraded and nothing has changed in your network. Also what kind of memory is the Octopus Service using before you do the restart.
These things might give an indication if there is load or similar issues, but I am hoping a restart will resolve this issue.

Let me know what you find.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry I haven’t replied sooner. I figured out the issue but I don’t have time to explain right now. I’ll update this thread with what happened. As usual (at least for me), it wasn’t anything with Octopus at all. :slight_smile:

Ian

Refer to this thread regarding Octopus and external feeds: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/25098-retrieving-latest-nuget-package-on-create-release-page-fails-in-timeout