Not able to deploy Windows Installer to deployment targets

Hi there,

In Octopus, I have a project which deploys (copy’s) the Windows Installer (msi,exe) and runs the installer on the target server, this works fine when running incremental versions.

But as soon as I try run a previous version of the installer by uninstalling the software, it does not copy the package (installer) to the server. Please see the below steps I follow.

1. Deploy installer version 10.3 to the target server, this installs fine as its an incremental deployment.

2. But for whatever reason when I want to install version 10.2, I go to the server, manually uninstall version 10.3.

3. In Octopus, I create a new release for version 10.2 and run the deployment but the deploy package step does not copy the installer on the server.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many Thanks!

In the project settings if you have
package re-deployment = “Skip any package step that is already installed”
And there is another setting I forget where is that basically says “Do not install version lower then what is deployed”
I believe you would see that behavior because octopus things 10.3 is still on the machine. If you delete the release for 10.3 then it would start working.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.