New packages dont trigger a new release with 2019.5.3

We just upgraded to 2019.5.3 and i notice when a new package is send to the octopus package manager no new releases are created. We have setup several release triggers, and that working before.

the message i see in the log is:
No release created for project ‘xxx’ when package xxx version 0.1.0.111 was pushed. The previous release in channel Release uses a package with the same name and greater or equal package version.

The weird thing is that there are no packages with a greater or equal package version, and this was working before.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this confusing and strange behavior. To dig a bit deeper into why this is occurring, could you send us through your auto deploy logs (located in the web portal under Configuration > Diagnostics > Auto Deploy Logs)? Does the trigger fire when creating and pushing a newer version of this package?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

The auto deploy logs dont say anything. When i manually create a relase, the trigger is indeed fired. So i guess there is no problem with the deploy trigger. I just upgraded to 2019.5.4 and the problem still exist and seems to be in the trigger that should create the release.

No release created for project ‘xxxl’ when package xxx version 0.1.0.273 was pushed. The previous release in channel Release uses a package with the same name and greater or equal package version.

Also tried it by upping the major version number, that doesn’t seems to work either.

Also in 2019.5.5 still exist. I noticed that in release 2019.4.5 big changes are done to this part #5439

To be clear, a package is send from our build system to Octopus by the package API.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for following up and confirming that. I’m sorry again about the inconvenience this issue you’re facing is causing. Sadly I’m still having no luck on reproducing this behavior.

Just to confirm, are you intending the release to be created via a scheduled trigger, or automatic release creation?
Do you have a variable defining the feed ID for any of your package steps?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

We just upgraded from 2018.11.0 to 2019.3.4, and we’re seeing the same behavior since the upgrade.

We see:

WARN No release created for project '_blah_' when package _blah_ version _blah_ was pushed. The previous release in channel Default uses a package with the same name and greater or equal package version.

We don’t use channels for any purpose. The default channel is associated automatically.

We don’t have a variable defining our feed ID. We use the built-in feed to trigger automatic release creation.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help get to the bottom of this.

Hi Marcel and David,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry to hear you’re also hitting this issue. We’ve had a couple additional reports of this error popping up with Automatic Release Creation over the last few days, and we’ve been able to spot the existence of the issue, and treating it as a priority. You can track the issue at the following link.

I’m very sorry about the inconvenience this bug has caused you. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns in the future.

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.