Need help in restarting the VM using Octopus?

Hi,
As part of a project in Octopus, I need to install an application, configure the application and run some tests on the installed application. The set up of the application is set such that the system restarts once the installation is completed successfully. In order to configure the application, as of now, user has to manually log in to the system by giving the credentials.
Question:
Is there any way/technique that I can do in Octopus to start my VM? Please note that the installation, configuration are achieved through power shell scripts

Thanks,
Manoj Kumar

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for getting in touch! This will depend on a number of factors specific to your environment, like what kind of VM you’re running (local, Azure, etc.). Unfortunately we can’t provide a specific script for you. A bit of research online has led me to a few resources that I hope can help you get started.

If you’re using a Hyper-V VM for instance, there are PowerShell cmdlets available for starting/stopping your VM.

I hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny