Monitor Project Variables and Variable Set changes

In our organization all developers are involved in the dev ops process. Anyone can change project variables and variable sets. For security and auditing reasons I would like to have a log of all the variable changes. What’s the best way to achieve this?

I was considering adding a Subscription Webhook and post the changes to a chat channel (we use Ms Teams), but I am not sure how to filter the events to get only Project Variable changes or Variable Set changes.

Thanks!

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It’s possible to view changes to the Variables (i.e. changes to name, value or scoping) via the Audit log within Octopus viewable via Configuration > Audit in the Octopus portal.

You can apply filtering as shown in the screenshot below to use the ‘VariableSet’ document-type to see specific changes to both Project and LibraryVariable Sets

As also highlighted, it’s possible to also export this log into CSV File Format.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you require further assistance or if i’ve missed something critical from your query.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.