Missing assembly when deploying service

ello Paul, may have found a bug in Octopus. When deploying a service, one of the assemblies of one of the service assembly dependencies is missing. RestSharp as it happens installed by nuget when adding twilio client lib.

Any ideas how I can manually add it in the absence of it being added automatically

Hi Jack,

If you inspect the contents of your NuGet package, are the RestSharp/Twilio libraries included?

Are you building the NuGet package using OctoPack?

Paul

I’ve checked out the contents of the nuget package and the Twilio assembly is there, but the Restsharp assembly is not.

We are building the package using OctoPack inside TeamCity.

-----Original Message-----

OK, I think you will just need to add a reference to RestSharp from your main project, and then set Copy Local = True. This way the RestSharp DLL will be copied to the bin directory and then included in the NuGet package.

Paul

Paul,
How does OctoPack work? Does it look at the dependencies of artifacts or does it just copy whatever is in the bin directory and assume it is required? The RestSharp assembly is being copied into the bin directory. I have just double checked on TeamCity.
Jack

Hi Jack,

It should just copy whatever is in the bin directory. Is this a web application or a Windows Service project?

Paul

It is a Windows service project. There is also a MVC 3 project and it gets copied fine.
Jack

Hi Jack,

Would it be possible to do a debugging session over Skype tomorrow, so I can help you to figure out what is going on?

Paul

I am happy to report that all is working now. I didn’t do the TeamCity integration and the place I thought the project was outputting the binaries wasn’t. Fixed by copying the missing assembly to the output directory in the post build step.
Thanks for the offer.
Jack

Great, thanks Jack!