Method not found: 'Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer'

I just upgraded to 2.4.5.46 from version 2.3.3.

Everything seems okay at this point. However, when trying to create a new user, I get the following error:
@@@
‘Method not found: ‘Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.CreateDefault(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings)’.’
@@@
Thoughts?

More detail from the log:

@@@
2014-05-20 10:10:35.2066 ERROR Unhandled error on request: http://verfy-cor-dev02:8081/api/users : Method not found: ‘Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.CreateDefault(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings)’.
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.CreateDefault(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings)’.
at Octopus.Platform.Web.Api.Responder1.Bind[TModel]() at Octopus.Platform.Web.Api.Responder1.BindAndValidateTModel in y:\work\db516cd4dfb6f424\source\Octopus.Platform.Web\Api\Responder.cs:line 77
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.UserCreateAction.Execute() in y:\work\db516cd4dfb6f424\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\Actions\UserCreateAction.cs:line 36
at Octopus.Platform.Web.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context) in y:\work\db516cd4dfb6f424\source\Octopus.Platform.Web\Api\Responder.cs:line 162 at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.OctopusRestApiModule.<>c__DisplayClass5.<.ctor>b__2(Object o) in y:\work\db516cd4dfb6f424\source\Octopus.Server\Web\Api\OctopusRestApiModule.cs:line 47 at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func2 , Object )
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)
@@@

Additional finding…we get the same error when we try to deploy a project.
Is this related to the GAC?

Just reinstalled Octopus Deploy and I am getting the same errors.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you able to check whether you have any copies of Newtonsoft.Json in the GAC? By the looks of things the wrong version of JSON.NET is being picked up.

Paul

gacutil /l shows me this:
Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed, processorArchitecture=MSIL

I uninstalled Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0 from the GAC, restarted the Octopus Deploy service, and all seems to be working as expected now!

Thanks for the help!