Memory Usage

Hi,

We’ve been beta testing Octopus for a while now, we are still on “Octopus 0.9.511.2528 (beta)” we are looking into getting the 1.0 version now.

The only issues we’ve seen is when we do a deployment to our live server, is when it finds a Web.config without a it’ll through up a null reference and the Tentacle Service will use around 1gb of RAM once it deploys a site.

I can’t seem to see older versions to check the release logs, unless I’m going blind. Just seeing if this issues are fixed.

Is there anything more about the tool for migrating old versions?

Hi Sarkie,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have a web.release.config that is perhaps trying to replace the <compilation> attribute? I’ll try and reproduce this tonight.

The next time Tentacle uses 1gb of RAM, could you take a memory dump (right-click the process in Explorer, Create Dump File) and send it to me? I’ll organise an FTP server tonight.

Paul

I’m about to do a live deployment, so I’ll do that for you. (I’ll do a few, one with Process Explorer as well)

We are using Orchard CMS, and each modules have their own Web.config sometimes for finite stuff, I’m pretty sure these are the ones its falls over on.

Web.Configs.zip (2 KB)

Very helpful, thanks, I should be able to repro this. My hunch is that the missing <compilation> element confuses the web.config transform which is attempting to modify it, and Tentacle isn’t handling that gracefully.

Paul

Have you got an email for me to send some info from Event Viewer out of public view?

Hi,

You can post it here, just click the Make Private button above-right. Or if you prefer email paul AT paulstovell.com

Paul

Emailed you and have you got the FTP set up yet, I’m about to leave work. The file is 350mb.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. These issues should now be fixed in the 1.0 releases (and there is a migration tool to help you get from 0.9 to 1.0).

Paul