Manually creating package

Hi,

I’m currently trying to setup deployment of a Silverlight based application, but I have run into an issue related to when the nuget package is created.

Our solution is built up of numerous Silverlight xaps which during compilation are copied to the ClientBin folder in our web application. The issue is that the web application is built before the Silverlight projects are built so when the TeamCity OctoPack plugin is creating the nuget, the xaps are yet not updated. Because of this the deployment contains the xaps from the previous build instead of the current one.

My idea to solve this is to add another build step in TeamCity which creates the nuget after the solution is finished building, but I don’t seem to figure out how to setup octo.exe / OctoPack to create a package like what is done using the plugin during build.

Hi Geir-Tore,

Thanks for getting in touch! I think your only solution here will be to create a NuSpec and include that as part of OctoPack by defining the extra folders to include.
There is a documentation page with an example that can be found here: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/OctoPack+to+include+BuildEvent+files

Let me know if this solves the issue for you.
Vanessa