Manual intervention if release targes more than X tenants

When deploying a release the “Tenant Preview” is sometimes a bit slow to update, and can suddenly change just as you click deploy. This can cause a release to be deployed to more teants than you actualy intended.

Is it possible to add an manual intervention-sted whith a condition ala “if number of tenants > X” => manual intervention/confirmation

Christian Haugan

Hi Christian,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry for the concerning issue you’re hitting here! Which version of Octopus are you currently running? I ask this as we’ve recently implemented a big performance fix in 2019.10.8 for the deploy release page to speed up the calculation in the tenant preview that sounds like it would address the root problem here. You can reference the following bug report.

I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi,

We are currently at version 2019.8.6, I will try to upgrade to the latest (2019.13.7) version and see if that helps.

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for following up! Sounds like the upgrade should help. I’d be interested to hear if it significantly improves this in your case. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi,

I first upgraded to the latest LTS versjon, but I got an ugly errormessage (sorry -forgot to screenshot it) when I tried to open an earlier release. Upgraded to the latest release and
restarted the server, and everything seems OK. The list of tenants matching the selection-filter updates much quicker, but I haven’t actually created a new release yet.

Christian