I want to do following with octopus deploy. I did not find documentation for this, could you please help me with this.
My deployment process looks something like this
- Start - Take down currently deployed web site
- Display Maintainenace web site
- Deploy Website
- Remove Maintainenace web site and let users use actual site. End
Right now, I was able to deploy the site. However not sure how to do maintenance web site part of it. Could you please point to any documentation for this?
Thanks for reaching out. We don’t have a specific documentation for this, as it is pretty much an IIS configuration thing. My recommendation is to do something along these lines:
- Point your website to a directory with a Maintenance website. Website restart might be needed after this.
- Deploy your code
- Point your website to the path where you deployed your code. Website restart might be needed after this.
You can use this library step to update your website’s properties to have it point to another path: https://library.octopusdeploy.com/#!/step-template/actiontemplate-iis-website-create . The name of the step says “create”, but if the website already exists, it’ll just update it.
To restart your website: https://library.octopusdeploy.com/#!/step-template/actiontemplate-iis-website-restart
Hope that helps!