"Machine health changed" subscription trigger doesn't seem to work

We recently upgraded to v3.13.10 from an older 3.x branch, and are implementing the new features like Subscriptions.

It seems like the machine subscription trigger for “Machine health changed” doesn’t work as I’d expect - it doesn’t trigger when a machine goes from unhealthy to healthy or healthy with warnings. I have to explicitly add “Machine found healthy” and “Machine found to have warnings” to the triggers to get the subscription to fire when machines come back online from an unhealthy state.

(I didn’t test if this trigger works for a machine that goes to unhealthy.)

Obviously I can work around this by adding the other two triggers. But am I misunderstanding what the “Machine health changed” trigger is supposed to do? Or is this a bug?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch and thanks for reporting this.

We’ve been able to reproduce this and can confirm this is a bug. We have created a GitHub issue here that you can follow to be notified when a fix is available.

As you’ve mentioned, the workaround for now is to subscribe to the machine’s various health-related events (ie. Machine found healthy, Machine found to have warnings, Machine found to be unhealthy, Machine found to be unavailable).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Mark