Link to failing deploy step in log

When the TeamCity plugin fails to perform a deploy, the only information given is this:

The deployment failed because one or more steps failed. Please see the deployment log for details.

It would be tremendously helpful if this log contained the URL of the exact position in the log for the deploy step that failed. Can you please add this?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Did you check the box to show the deployment process(see attached screenshot)? That should show you what happened. If you already have that box checked, could you please send me your build log so I can try to see what might be going on.

Thanks,
Dalmiro

I have checked the “Show deployment progress:” option, yes. I still need to dig into Octopus’ logs to find the cause of the failure, which is:

The step failed: Activity failed with error ‘The package could not be located in the built-in repository.’.

It seems like the problem stems from having an issue with the version number of the package, which I’m looking into. But having the above information readily available in TeamCity or at least with a link to Octopus Deploy’s log, would be nice.

Hi,

If you could send me the build log + the deployment log that corresponds to it, perhaps I can present this to the team and see if there’s a chance to make that info show up in the build log as well.

Thanks,
Dalmiro