Lifecycle create/edit permission

Hello,

We grant our user permission of LifecycleCreate and LifecycleEdit, however, when they create a new lifecycle, they cannot add environment to a phase.

Is it intentional? If so, what permission they need in order to add environment?

Thanks for your help!

Ge

Hi Ge,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, I understand this can be frustrating.

If possible, can you please provide some additional information based on the below queries to help troubleshoot this?;

• Can I ask which version of Octopus you are currently utilizing?

• Can you please include a screenshot to highlight where you are unable to select an Environment within the phase?

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Reece,

The version is v2018.2.1

Please see attached screenshot, in which, there is no option to add environment.

Thanks for your help!

Ge

Hi Ge,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I appreciate your time in putting this information together, it really helps out!

In Octopus version 2018.2.4 we resolved an issue that prevented Users from adding environments to the Lifecycle phase if the associated User Role did not have the ‘EnvironmentCreate’ permission.

I’ve included a link to the Github issue below;

I’d either recommend updating to this version or adding this permission to the associated User Role.

Please let me know how you go with this :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Thanks for the clarification!

We’ll do the upgrade then.

Hi Ge,

Thanks for getting back to me,

Not a problem, I’m glad to be of help.

If you require any assistance moving forward, please let me know :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.