LibrarySet Ordering

When I have a number of LibrarySets, I would like the ability to order them so that I can control overriding a value at a level.

eg.
LibrarySet-A
Variable-A -> Scope (DEV) Value = “MyValue”

LibrarySet-B
Variable-A -> Scope (DEV) Value = “specialValue”

Project
Using
LibrarySet-A
LibrarySet-B
Variable-A (DEV) = specialValue
It seems to be the Alphabetic order of the names of the variable sets, but Im not quite sure if it’s always like this

I have a number of projects where I might have another Library sets, but I might want to set them so that I control how the final result of a scoped (or maybe unscoped) value has based on the loaded order.

Can you please advise if maybe I’ve overlooked something or if there is a way to achieve this without having to specify the value in the actual project overriding the value from the LibrarySet.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment, it’s not based on alphabetical ordering, but essentially the order of the entries in the LibraryVariableSet table in your SQL database (I.e. the order that you create the library variable sets). Note: This is not the same order as what you see in the UI, as those are ordered by name from the API, so that could be a potential workaround.

We found an existing UserVoice suggestion here that seems to be getting some traction. In this case, we’d suggest you add some votes (and comment on your particular use case), as this will help us guage demand for this feature. When the suggestion gets enough community support/votes, we will consider adding it as a feature in a future version of Octopus.

For now, I’ve added a link to this ticket and UserVoice in our usability team, so we’ll try and get some traction on this issue in the up-coming quarter.

Cheers
Mark