Large task logs cause octopus server to become unresponsive

Hi,

Yesterday one of our developers decided that logging is good, more logging is better. This caused the task log to grow to more than 3 GB.

The result was that octopus server became unresponsive and consumed ~7 GB memory, when accessing the task log through octopus UI.

I know octopus have little success of displaying a 3 GB task log, but perhaps a more sensible solution that doesn’t cause octopus to become unresponsive can be found

Hi Lars,

Thanks for getting in touch! We don’t really have a great way of handling this as you have experienced. This is not a very common issue but can be inconvenient when you stumble across it by accident as you have done so here.

I think the best option here would be to create a UserVoice suggestion to see what sort of community support there would be for some more functionality around handling this.

We use UserVoice to gauge community support for new ideas and features, if a suggestion gathers enough support, we can look into its implementation into Octopus. You are welcome to create your own suggestions or vote and comment on others.

If you have any further questions or thoughts here, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.