Kuberntes raw yaml deployment

Hi Team,

I am trying to deploy kubernetes manifest files by packing the manifests inside docker image.
I am getting below error
The step failed: Activity failed with error ‘The Docker Registry ‘Docker public’ at https://index.docker.io does not support downloading packages on the Octopus Server.’.
when I deploy using deploy to kubernetes container and read the same image its working , issue is only in raw yaml deployment.
Could you please help.

Hi @venkat.vnextapps,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Octopus community!

It looks like it’s trying to download the package onto the server, which shouldn’t be occurring. I’ll work on reproducing this on my end but I just wanted to confirm if this problem occurs if you use another WorkerPool? We have seen this pop up before however it was due to Referenced Packages having a specific setting that’s not available on that step:

If you’d like to send through the raw task logs, for both the successful and failed deployments, I’ll dig into them and see if I can spot what’s going on. Otherwise if you are using an Octopus Cloud Instance I could create a support user to investigate, with your explicit approval.

You should be able to upload files securely through our portal but let me know if there are any issues with it or if you have any questions at all!

Best Regards,

Thanks for the reply, I uploaded the complete build log using the above link.

Hi @venkat.vnextapps,

Thanks for that, confirming I’ve received them ok!

It looks like this error occurs when using an invalid package format (e.g. Docker Image) with the “File inside a package” option configured:

Because it’s expecting a package (e.g. zip or nuget) that contains a YAML file which references the Docker image, this error is indicating that the package couldn’t be downloaded/extracted.

This is different to the Deploy Kubernetes Container Step as that step defines the image in Docker as part of it’s configuration, rather than using a YAML file in a package that needs extracting.

To use a file referenced in a package:
Define YAML file → Zip the file → Upload to Feed → Reference Yaml file inside Zip Package:

polling-worker-kube.0.0.1.zip (667 Bytes)

Let me know if that doesn’t help or if you still have any questions at all!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.