We migrated from Nuget V2 to Nuget v3 endpoints for our artefact repository (Sonatype Nexus) and started seeing issues with packages being displayed as “The package was not found in the feed” on the release page for a project. The packages actually do exist on the repository, and we can actually deploy the release. Can someone please check and let us know if this is a bug at your end?
Current Octo Version: 2020.2.15
Please let us know if you need any other detail from our end.
Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.
Can you confirm if the feed is searchable via the Test button in the settings for this External Feed?
Let me know at your earliest convenience.
Hey @donny.bell, yes the feed is searchable.
To reiterate, even the deployments are running fine when fetching the packages from said endpoints.
Thank you for getting back to me.
I hope you don’t mind, I have a few additional questions/requests. Can you
- provide a raw task log showing a specific example of this issue occurring?
- share a screenshot of this package being found via the Test button for the External Feed?
- share a screenshot of the Version Rules for the Channel used for this release?
You may share the above in this thread, via PM or via this secure upload link.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Hey, I have attached 4 files to the secure upload link.
- Release page showing that “The package was not found in the feed”
- The same package being shown fine when tested against the Test button for External Feed
- Task logs of a deployment with successful package acquire step
- We don’t handle version rules via Channels
Thank you for getting back to me and sharing those files.
It looks like the package is not being found on the release page due to the package’s version number not being SemVer compliant. One way you may fix this is by changing the last period and make it a dash.
Test here SemVer here
More information on Octopus and Versioning:
Let me know if you think the proposed fix will work for you.
This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.