Issue while Octopus Import using Octopus.Migrator.exe

HI Team
I am trying to Export all data from one of the Octopus server and Import on another server ( Octopus Version I am using is 3.16.7 ) . But it giving me error as -

Error: ===============================================================================
Error: Sequence contains no elements
Error: System.InvalidOperationException
Error: at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) Error: at Octopus.Migrator.ImportProcess.ImportController.ImportScript(ImportContext context, String scriptFile) Error: at Octopus.Migrator.ImportProcess.ImportController.ImportScripts(ImportContext context) Error: at Octopus.Migrator.ImportProcess.ImportController.ExecuteWithTimer(ImportContext ctx, String name, Action1 work)
Error: at Octopus.Migrator.ImportProcess.ImportController.ImportDocuments(IImportedDocumentSource backup)
Error: at Octopus.Migrator.ImportProcess.ImportController.Import(IImportedDocumentSource backup)
Error: at Octopus.Migrator.Commands.ImportFilesCommand.Start()
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Startup.AbstractCommand.Start(String[] commandLineArguments, ICommandRuntime commandRuntime, OptionSet commonOptions)
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action`1 start, Action shutdown)
Error: at Octopus.Shared.Startup.OctopusProgram.Run()
Error: -------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what will be the issue …Octopus Logs will not shre more details apart of the above error. .There is no error while Export .

Awaiting for your reply and help

Thanks
Vinod Deo

Hi @vinod.ramesh.deo,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like you are using a fairly old version of Octopus here. Since this version, the Octopus.Migrator has been improved quite a bit. However as you mention you are trying to migrate all of your data from one Octopus server to another, the Octopus.Migrator may not be the best tool for the job.

When migrating your entire Octopus server, the best approach is generally to backup your entire Octopus database and restore it to a new location. You can then connect your new Octopus server to this database.

The following documentation page has instruction on how to safely move your Octopus server.

If you are wanting to transfer all data from your Octopus server to a new Octopus installation, this method would be the best way to do so.

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any further questions at all.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.