Is there a way to query the deployment history on a deployment target

hi there,

I wonder if there is a way to query the deployment history on a deployment target programmatically just like on UI.

What I would like to achieve in my bootstrapping script is to know if the current deployment target is a new one or not by looking at the number of previous deployments on it.

Thank you for your input.

Dong

Hi Dong,

Thanks for getting in touch! Great question, and I’m sure we can come to a good option though which one might depend on a bit more details about what exactly you’re after. I’ll throw a couple resources down below where one might be helpful, otherwise I’d be more than happy to consider this further after learning a bit more about your goals/requirements.

We have an available API script in our sample script repo to retrieve recent deployments to a machine which might help with part of the answer.

Possibly another option would be to add a run condition to your step based off a deployment system variable, perhaps Octopus.Tentacle.PreviousInstallation.PackageVersion checking if it exists or not on the target the step is being run on.

I hope that helps in some way, and let me know what you think!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you Kenny. I will try it out and let you know.

Cheers,
Dong

1 Like