Is there a way to exclude all pre-release packages from a channel

Is there a way to exclude all pre-release packages from a channel without modifying each version rule one at a time. Ideally you could supply a default version rule for the channel that all steps would adhere to unless overridden by an explicit version rule.

I know that I can modify a version rule and add the ^$ pre-release tag, but we have a lot of version rules in a lot of channels in a lot of projects. To do it this way would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance

Hi @ax4413,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately there isn’t any way to do this in the UI. I understand this would be super time consuming, so a way to ease that pain would be to script this via the API. A little research online led to the following thread that might provide a good starting point.

You can also view the network traffic in your browser’s dev tools to see exactly what Octopus does behind the scenes when performing these tasks via the UI.

I’m sorry it’s not better news! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.