Is there a way in 3.x to reference a varable for a specific enviorment?

In Octopus 2.6 i could reference a variable for and a specific environment with this syntax, #{varname.environmentname}# EG #{deploymentID.Prod}# but that doesnt seem to work since i upgraded to 3.3.2. Is there a way to do this?
thanks
tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in touch! We aren’t aware that Octopus would allow this back in 2.x. Your syntax also looks a bit wrong from what we offer #{varname} being our standard.
Was it possible a script or step template was doing some logic or substitution for you? Do you have an example (with maybe our variable expansion turned on) of log files that would show this working?

Vanessa

Sorry, you are correct we were doing some script magic that I didn’t see.
Side question, is there a way to get the value of a sensitive var from one env via a script in another?
Thanks
tim

Hi Tim,

Do you mean via the API or within a deployment? Could you scope it to both environments and call it ?
I might not be understanding the complexity. If it is via the API then the answer is no, we do not provide them, but if it is during a deployment you could make something happen if it is available.

Let me know,
Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa. It is via the API, I basically need my QA deploy to reach back and read something out of dev diag storage. Just have to rethink how I have things setup.
Thanks for your help!
tim