Is it possible to skip a particular deployment target?

Hi

We have 2 tenants:
Tenant1, Tenant2

and environments:
Dev, Test1, Test2, Test3 (and some others further to Production)

Developers work against the Tenant1-Dev database and so we do not deploy database changes there as it would wipe everyone’s work in progress.

But we would like to deploy to the Tenant2-Dev database. Is there a way to achieve this?

The database deployment is one of the deployment steps of a project.

I guess I would like to configure the step to skip a particular environment (Dev) for a particular tenant (Tenant1) but that does not seem to be an option.

Other things I have thought about

• Can I create a run condition off a variable using the Tenant1-Dev deployment target name?
  • Can a Tenant tag help? Maybe I could assign the tag to all the database deployment targets apart from the Tenant1-Dev one and then create a “Tenants condition” using that tag?

Thanks
Viktor

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for getting in touch! I believe you are correct with your idea of using Tenant tags here. The Tenant tag feature was designed to help group your tenanted deployments much the same way we use Machine Roles.

Let me know if you have any further question or run into any issues here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.