Installing Octopus Deploy to AKS

Hi Folks,

I am looking for Best Practices Octopus Deploy installation on AKS cluster.

It was nice to find the official chart for deploying Octopus in a Kubernetes cluster :+1:

I will give it a try, but I wanted to get feedback if anyone else is already using the helm chart for production setup?

Also if there any gotchas we should be aware etc…

Many Thanks,
Emil

Good morning @EM1L,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and great question on installing Octopus via a Helm chart, you found the GitHub page on this which is great so you have all of those details.

We do actually have a bit more information on one of our recent youtube videos here if you wanted to give that a quick watch, the link will take you straight to the Helm part and its about 2 and a half minutes long, it does not provide much more information but we do go through it a bit more on the video so that might help you.

As for any ‘gotchas’ since this was produced in March of this year we have not had many customers put in tickets about the Helm chart so either not many customers are using it yet or, they are and they have not found any issues with it so far.

Whilst I know that is not the best answer I can give you we ideally need a bit more ‘baking in time’ for customers to start really playing around with installing Octopus via the Helm chart and raise any issues they have had with it before we can start to collate any major data on it, obviously if we do find issues we will fix them but so far there have been none reported.

I hope that was the answer you were looking for, reach out if you have any other questions as I will be happy to try and answer them for you,

Kind Regards,
Clare

Thank you Clare,

you comprehensive answer was very useful and thanks for the youtube link!

Looking forward to the further improvements on the helm chart and will provide feedback.

Regards,
Emil

Hey @EM1L,

Thank you for the lovely feedback, I am always happy to hear I have helped a customer so thank you for getting back to me and letting me know my information helped.

A youtube video is always handy too and I know I am biased but I think we do have one of the most comprehensive youtube channels for software on the market!

Reach out in future if you need anything further as we are always on hand to help where we can, we look forward to any feedback you can give us about the helm chart install too!

Kind regards and Happy Deployments!
Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.