Install-Package OctoPack on .Net Framework 2.0

Hi
I’m tring to install the OctoPack via the “Package Manager Console”, but keep getting a "NETFramework,Version=v2.0"
If i change the .NET Framework to 4.0, everything is OK.
Can i install an alternative package (for TeamCity->Octopus integration) so i don’t have to change my .NET Framework from 2.0 to 4.0?

Here is the “Package Manager Console” output:

PM> Install-Package OctoPack
Successfully installed ‘OctoPack 3.0.20’.
Successfully uninstalled ‘OctoPack 3.0.20’.
Install failed. Rolling back…
Install-Package : Could not install package ‘OctoPack 3.0.20’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘.NETFramework,Version=v2.0’, but
the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
At line:1 char:16

• Install-Package <<<< OctoPack
    • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

PM>

Tnx,
Yori

Hi,

I’m not sure whether OctoPack would work with 2.0 (I don’t think I’ve tried it). What happens if you set your project to 4.0, install OctoPack, and then change it back to 2.0? Does OctoPacl work? If so we can change the package to support 2.0

Paul

Hi Paul

I did as you suggested, It works perfectly.

Great tool.

Tnx.

Uri

Hi Paul,

We are getting the same problem trying to install the package for a couple of apps on our company. It’s kind of difficult to tell them to go to 4.0 to go back to 2.0.

Would it be possible to add support for 2.0. I can submit a request for the functionality if that helps.

Hi Dalmiro,

Thanks! Yes, if you were able to make a pull request for OctoPack and test it out we’d be happy to accept it.

Paul

Hey Paul,

Done

https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6185307-octopack-support-for-net-2-0-applications

Dalmiro